Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yikes!

Okay, I know that I haven't posted much lately, but I've been busy with editing, writing and participating in Andrew Bogut's Squad 6. The Bucks managed to beat the Phoenix Suns, but hopefully not at too high a price.

Watching Andrew Bogut dunk is one of my favorite things to do, and even though I am seeing the game in person, the game is usually recorded on the DVR so that I can watch them multiple times later. There is one dunk that I am not sure I want to watch again.... Sure, it was exciting and probably one of the more forceful ones I've seen out of him, he paid a terrible price.

While most of the fans at the Bradley Center were jumping up and down cheering, I was screaming "no" as I watched helpless as his body, rather than hanging vertical from the net, went parallel to the ground under the net and then cringed in fear as I watched him fall to the ground. It was bad because you could just see him writhing in pain on the floor. Here's a clip so you can watch it for yourself, if you haven't seen it already.

There were a lot early reports, but I wasn't really sure that they were accurate, despite the supposed connections these people have. There's no way to know what's really going on until all of the tests are done and results accurately interpreted. Everyone kept trying to be positive that he'd be back in a couple weeks and it wasn't so bad. Well, I have learned to listen to my gut, and my gut told me something more was up. I couldn't help it, I started to get teary-eyed through the game. While they won the game, it was a bittersweet victory with too high a price as far as I'm concerned.

He's out for the year. While his elbow is only dislocated and not broken as first thought, his hand is broken and his wrist is sprained. According to JSOnline, it's likely he'll undergo surgery.

This is not good!!!! I'm not sure if our season is over as we do have many players left on the team, but my mood became somber when I saw the way they were walking Bogut off the court. I couldn't shake a sickening feeling. It was a feeling I hadn't felt in years. The last time I did, it was when Rollie Fingers got injured in the World Series back in 1982. I was young and I cried because deep down I knew he was our chance. The '82 Brewers needed Rollie Fingers in much the same way this Bucks team needs Andrew Bogut!!!!

Read more about Bogut's injury here:

JSOnline Bogut Update April 4, 2010

Easter is today, but in truth I don't feel too happy right now, but for those of that aren't as bothered by this as me, Happy Egg Day!

Hope all goes well for our Andrew! He's the best thing to happen to Bucks basketball in a long time, so I am sending him wishes for a complete and speedy recovery! Squad 6 just won't feel the same without you on the court, but I will do my best to make you proud for creating Squad 6!

0 comments:

Post a Comment